Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lag spike when placing buildings and viewing galaxy map plus crash

so i just got a new laptop with a gtx 1060 and the latest cpu, i7 8750H with 2.2 ghz basis and 4.1ghz turbo and 6 cores and i when i try placing buildings, it lags out like hell, just like when i move on the galaxy map all zoomed out. i am aware i can scale the particles down, but the point is, with my old laptop, which has a i5 of some previous generation and only 4 cores runs the building placement and galaxy map view better than this brand new one.
i also activated task manager to check the usage, turns out its not exhausted at all when doing these tasks.
any explanation?
help would be much appreciated. i would like this laptop to run hazeron smoothly.

this is not the regular lag spikes that we know. its stronger for me.

ok update: the same thing that causes this also makes me crash now when theres too much 'load'

EDIT: for anyone else having the same problem, i had the game running on windows 8 compatibility mode. DEACTIVATE THAT!

consider this thread closed.
... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero.

just a wild guess, but it may be that the hyperthreading is not properly detected.

If you open the game options (shift+f12) then go into program, the workerthread bar is likely on auto.

If i'm right then the number on the right would be 12 or maybe 10 threads which in turn would cause lags since a lot of the workerthreads in hazeron are not bottlenecked by easily shared resources. Try setting it to 6 workerthreads see if it helps.

nope, that didnt do it.
... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero.