Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Petition to Re-Add Tech Level
(12-30-2018, 08:40 AM)SpaceGeek Wrote: Patents as they are, are a broken system.

The patent mechanics aren't broken, they are simply not interesting once you have them. The patents aren't meant to be a technology system, they only serve to hide advanced technology from the player until they have the advanced resources they need for it. A temporary discovery if you will.

My only issue with patents is that they are listed in all buildings and they use the normal manufacturing system. I would love to see all patents get move to the university and use a slightly different system then normal manufacturing processes. A nice graphical tech tree so you can see which patents and resources lead to what.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16]
See: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?t...38#pid1238
And: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?t...43#pid1243
Actually read that whole thread maybe: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=300

A real technology system can easily be added alongside the patents without any issue.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
What has been done is done; the amount of lost time has reached the top. Time of choices is over: I miss the original SoH game, BUT the Steam launch process is runing . Accept this fact and enjoy the game for what it is
You can count me on that opposed list. As a new player back when TL and QL was a thing. It never really felt fun to progress. More like a chore, while praying to the RNG Jesus. And if you weren't careful. The Tech Disk would get consumed. And you had to do it again...? If I remember correctly.

I think a tech tree, along the lines of what DeanTwo is suggesting, is a much better option. And would possibly be more intuitive for new players.
Most people would already be familiar with how a tech tree works.
Didnt like TL restrictions which forced to search for Q248 resources. I think current patent system should be improved to be more linear with feeling of progressing though i have no ideas. There is a lack of technologies to separate progression in different branches. Some of them are just named differently with same purpose like weapon types. Patents require updates after being researched which is not cool. Like: "Oh cool, finally got some good metal. Now i have to update electronic part patent, computer patent, all ship modules that require metal/electronics/computers, weapons and other stuff", but then you get another better resource and you have to start over again which is not cool
The issue with patents is that they suck all around. It's not interesting and takes zero time to acquire. The game already feels beat 3 hours in. TL made the game take way longer despite it's many short comings.
TL progression was like in modern mobile games where you have to wait for N hours to get something (or pay with premium currency to skip)
I'm against re-adding TL

I think we need something different from both patents and TL, or atleast integrate an actual tree system that has progression. Think of Factorio.
(03-02-2019, 09:01 PM)Kakashi Wrote: I think we need something different from both patents and TL, or atleast integrate an actual tree system that has progression. Think of Factorio.

Currently patents aren't that big an issue. At most it is annoying to have to update your patents every time you get new/better resources, but other than that they serve their purpose, short as it may be. But of course I already voiced my other complaints about the other issues.

I don't see how Factorio's tech tree is any different from the current patent system in Hazeron, apart from above mentioned issues.

And as I already mentioned in this thread, a technology system can easily be implemented along side the patents with no issue. If the new technology system is to replace the patents too, then sure no issue, but it isn't required to do so.
Never.  The new system of open design must stay.
(03-03-2019, 12:09 AM)jakbruce2012 Wrote: Never.  The new system of open design must stay.

What are you talking about and who are you talking to? ^^;
Context please.