Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Armor Designer implementation before steam
i think armor designer implementation, although might take a while, is important to create before steam release, as all empire wearing the same armor literally rips apart any and all uniqueness of empire culture in invasions and combat, when everyone is wearing green space suit theres no real difference.

although not simple and time intensive, a clothing/armor designer where you edit the armor textures on the models per specie of that empire would give very empire a unique culture that would further Shors of Hazeron's strength, customization.
Just add an empire flag and/or colors placeholders to the suits.
[insert rambling about forum replacements and data lost]
(12-13-2018, 11:42 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Just add an empire flag and/or colors placeholders to the suits.
[insert rambling about form replacements and data lost]

Yeah, if the current suits can have color substitution then the empire color theme could just be applied to all armor and suits.

I sadly think that the appearance of armor, suits and clothing is part of creature model and not the item itself. Therefore I don't think "armor designer" is that important.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(12-14-2018, 02:41 PM)YYDeantwo Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 11:42 AM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Just add an empire flag and/or colors placeholders to the suits.
[insert rambling about form replacements and data lost]

Yeah, if the current suits can have color substitution then the empire color theme could just be applied to all armor and suits.

I sadly think that the appearance of armor, suits and clothing is part of creature model and not the item itself. Therefore I don't think "armor designer" is that important.
I agree, flag as well, should be implemented before steam release so empires don’t look the same For new players, new players will probably join existing empires as marines and captains therefore visual armor on their soldiers will be something appealing.