Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steam
Excellent thoughts and well put. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to write them down.

I'll consider those things carefully and others who post later. Changes will likely result. It would be my preference to make major resource or rules changes before publishing on Steam.

It has been a fun excercise pushing the software to the current level. Time dedicated to honing the overall game experience would be well spent.

I won't rush to post Shores of Hazeron on Steam. I didn't mean to give the impression I was desperate for money to continue this project, just felt the need to push things forward and upward a bit.
(06-05-2019, 02:53 PM)Haxus Wrote: Excellent thoughts and well put. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to write them down.

I'll consider those things carefully and others who post later. Changes will likely result. It would be my preference to make major resource or rules changes before publishing on Steam.

It has been a fun excercise pushing the software to the current level. Time dedicated to honing the overall game experience would be well spent.

I won't rush to post Shores of Hazeron on Steam. I didn't mean to give the impression I was desperate for money to continue this project, just felt the need to push things forward and upward a bit.

Haxus, as a fellow software developer I understand the push to progress, especially to such a large milestone like a Steam release. I also understand what it's like to code in a vacuum, without someone to bounce ideas off and sanity check things. I just want to make sure it's clear that any criticism I have for Hazeron is absolutely not personal nor a criticism of you. This is your passion project - you're building the game you want to play and you kindly let us in on your dream, however it's important to maintain perspective on how the gaming masses as a whole will see your game. I'd hate to see you discouraged because of people judging the book by its cover.
I've decided to take another run at revamping the creatures in the game, before doing a Steam release. I don't know how long that will take. It is a lot of work. I'll get a better feel for it once I get going.

I really don't want to release a game on Steam where you can't tell the difference between males and females.
Looking forward to hearing your plans for creatures. I'm assuming a complete rework of DNA will be in order along the way?
We are the Dreadknought Conspiracy. Please discard all further questions.
I just came to say Steam is a bad idea for hazeron.

Haxus, it has the potential to create it's own little company.
... first, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns, this time, as a great hero.