Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018-10-26 Gun Towers
Gun Towers
While building my first military base in a new empire, I found that the only gun tower was a laser tower. It needs cryo heat sinks. Dodgy

Two new gun tower designs were published in the exchange.
  • Gun Tower is a ballistic weapon turret. It shoots heavy weapon ammo.
  • Launcher Tower is a launcher turret, for rockets and missiles.
  • Fixed orientation of muzzle flash on ballistic weapon turrets. Previous orientation was rotated 90 degrees upward.
  • Fixed orientation of projectile fired from ballistic and launcher turrets. Previous orientation was backward.
These are small, each with less than 20hp. However, I gave them enough armor to build in any environment, which means they have a base absorption value of 100+, making them very difficult to damage. It left me wondering if they were too tough.

Projectiles Little Damage
Gun tower fires at APC, does very little damage.

Fixed various problems with projectiles (heavy weapons ammo, rockets and missiles).

No Hits by Projectiles

Standing in front of gun and missile towers, I am never hit by their weapons.

Fixed projectiles to be blocked/detonated by creatures.

City Report Ammo
City report lists petrochemicals under Weapons and Ammo.

Fixed filter that was including things that were merely explosive.
Quote:Previous orientation was backward.
Does that explain them shooting themselves?

Quote:These are small, each with less than 20hp. However, I gave them enough armor to build in any environment, which means they have a base absorption value of 100+, making them very difficult to damage. It left me wondering if they were too tough.
Buildings (and probably ships) probably need a completely different mechanics to differentiate between combat and environmental damage.
I am still wishing for two separate sizes of ballistic turret weapons. Since shooting small infantry units with a huge cannon is just weird.
[Image: main-qimg-9263cfd4bd476369c2290351a00d6218-c]

Preferably a type of fast firing automatic machine gun would make more sense. Such as a "heavy machine" or "minigun".
Cannons are more sensical against big ground vehicles or spacecraft.

See: http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8933
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo