Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018-10-17 Story, Jurisdiction Bug, Launcher
Story
A lot of time was spent working on the story engine and story scripts.
  • Improvements were made to the capabilities of the story engine.
  • Script compiler was improved, resulting in the detection of logical errors in a script.
  • Scripts were improved to eliminate stuck situations.
City Jurisdiction Bug
Following Targoss instructions, I built a mine, farm, capitol, and police. The mine and farm were not part of the city until the server restarted.

Fixed assignment of city jurisdiction when a new police station was created. It was ignoring buildings that did not belong to the same empire as the capitol. Those first buildings were empire 0. Jurisdictions are verified when servers reload. That code did not have the error so the jurisdictions were corrected at that time.

Launcher
It would be nice if the launcher would notify when a new version of the launcher is available.

Launcher now shows a message if a newer version is available.

Mail Name Bug
When a new avatar is created and enters Hazeron for the first time, their name is not correct on the mail window, until after they relog.

Fixed incorrect avatar name bug.
(10-17-2018, 02:06 PM)Haxus Wrote: Story
A lot of time was spent working on the story engine and story scripts.

Would love to mess with the story editor some day.
I keep getting more and more ideas for little story missions for tutorial s for introducing features or mechanics.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
The new splash screen, with the neutron star, is a real hit! Sometimes, Hazeron gets it so right you actually have to stop and think about it for a minute. 

I, too, am so excited by the thought of a working story engine, however far off it may be. As for the knotty question of balancing rewards, there should be some way to require the empire "sponsoring" the story to put the rewards into a protected pot, rather than generating them out of thin air. If the pot is empty, it will warn you before you accept the job. If there's enough to reward a success, the reward is reserved for you for a certain amount of time.
Thanks for the encouragement.

The new splash screen doesn't really do justice to the neutron star. I expect you have seen one by now. Those neutron stars are nightmares.

I named the cryozine base in that system "Blinking Insanity". I never thought there would be an environment in Hazeron where I was begging the sun to go down.