Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Potential New Player, best video source for information?
Hello everybody. First, I just wanted to say that this game looks very promising and amazing. I was thinking last night: I just want a non-Eve Sci-Fi/Space MMORPG where I can explore space and planets in a persistent, seamless universe (so I did some searching). I am very glad I stumbled upon Shores of Hazeron, as it looks to be a hidden gem for me. It is seriously offering everything I was looking for.

The graphics do not bother me at all (has a charming look to me actually). The player base does concern me a little bit, as I never seem to see more than 10 Avatars on at once, but what can you do you know? 

My other concern is the steep learning curve. There seems to be A LOT going on with what you can do within the game (which is awesome!). This seems to be a TRUE Sandbox and that excites me. 

The Wiki is very informative and I will be visiting it often, but I guess I am more of a "visual learner" when it comes to games like this. There isn't too much on Youtube, but I did narrow it down to some users that have covered the game to a certain extent. My question is, which of these sources of video will benefit a new player like myself the most? Which is the most informative you believe? 

Sabouts' Lets Play
Shores of Hazeron Channel
Starhero's Lets Play Tutorial
Jack Bruce's Let's Play
Nikola Pavkovic's Channel

Those seem to be the most "recent" videos. Any recommendations or suggestions? 

Perhaps I should just dive in and learn the game for myself or take a different route?

Anyways, this game looks amazing and I am hopeful it will be a great experience. I know there is a lot to learn, I just don't want to be overwhelmed with little to no knowledge when first starting out.

Cheers everyone.
Hello and welcome! ?

(10-14-2018, 02:47 AM)Stargazer Wrote: The Wiki is very informative and I will be visiting it often, but I guess I am more of a "visual learner" when it comes to games like this.

I still have one of the new player guides that is out of date (Building_Your_First_City). Most other pages should be ok, but a few still refer to old mechanics tgat have changed or been removed.

(10-14-2018, 02:47 AM)Stargazer Wrote: Sabouts' Lets Play
Jack Bruce's Let's Play

I can only really recommend the offical Shores of Hazeron Channel, but it doesn't show much gameplay apart from the first few steps. It does however have some tutorials on how to use the new designer, which isn't available anywhere else yet.

All the other links you posted (apart from one) is using the old construction system which has just recently been replaced.

Nikola Pavkovic's series is the newest and the only one to use the new construction system, but it is not really directed at new players so he jumps over a lot of the basics and uses a lot of time referring to things he doesn't understand or thinks are bugged.

My best advice to you is to join the community Discord server and ask questions there when you need help.
Here: https://discord.gg/CPrpDzJ

The in-game tutorial (Targoss?) did just get an update, so maybe it can help you more too. I haven't had the time to see it myself yet.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(10-14-2018, 06:51 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Hello and welcome! ?

(10-14-2018, 02:47 AM)Stargazer Wrote: The Wiki is very informative and I will be visiting it often, but I guess I am more of a "visual learner" when it comes to games like this.

I still have one of the new player guides that is out of date (Building_Your_First_City). Most other pages should be ok, but a few still refer to old mechanics tgat have changed or been removed.

(10-14-2018, 02:47 AM)Stargazer Wrote: Sabouts' Lets Play
Jack Bruce's Let's Play

I can only really recommend the offical Shores of Hazeron Channel, but it doesn't show much gameplay apart from the first few steps. It does however have some tutorials on how to use the new designer, which isn't available anywhere else yet.

All the other links you posted (apart from one) is using the old construction system which has just recently been replaced.

Nikola Pavkovic's series is the newest and the only one to use the new construction system, but it is not really directed at new players so he jumps over a lot of the basics and uses a lot of time referring to things he doesn't understand or thinks are bugged.

My best advice to you is to join the community Discord server and ask questions there when you need help.
Here: https://discord.gg/CPrpDzJ

The in-game tutorial (Targoss?) did just get an update, so maybe it can help you more too. I haven't had the time to see it myself yet.

Thank you very much!