Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-02-25 Rollback

A problem was reported with the saved game files.

The release was rolled back to the last good build that was posted on January 19.

If you created any spacecraft or building designs, they may not load with the old version. Don't delete them. They will be fine in a few days after this problem is resolved.

I apologize for the trouble.

I appreciate all the renewed work Hazeron, love seeing the bugs get squashed even if we have to take a step back to fix things!

I tried to reproduce the issue again now with the version now, and it is still happening. So I guess it isn't from this version that the issue happened?

It sounds like the rollback is causing issues for others now. It is plain crashing when a player that had no issue a few hours ago, is now crashing when trying to start the game.

This is all very confusing with these rollbacks.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

If their Current Game will not load, they will have to reload from a save file made before the 21st of Feb.

No issues were reported with the Jan build. It should be safe once the bad file data is gone.

(02-25-2024, 10:31 PM)Haxus Wrote: If their Current Game will not load, they will have to reload from a save file made before the 21st of Feb.

I am afraid that they started playing on the 21st, so that likely isn't possible. They will have to wait for you to re-release the update and/or fix the issue I guess.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

The rollback still seems to be the safest option.

I regret that I can’t spend the day digging in to this problem. I’ve been working six days a week for quite a while. If I do seven I’ll get burned out.

Just wanted to say that my game didn't consistently crash on the versions with the new scrollbars, but it did memory leak, however, as of the rollback, I can't even load avatar selection:
[Image: Xa8y3Oo.png]
Right before the crash, the game RAM usage spikes to about 3.5GB and the disk usage to about 130MB/s
What even

I would recommend deleting the Current Game or restore from a save that was created prior to Feb 21st.

I found and fixed the bug.

A new version is building now. It will be posted as soon as it is finished.

The broken saved game files are NOT truncated. They will load fine after the update.