Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024-02-23 Asteroid Lost, Scroll Bars, Yeet Bug

(02-25-2024, 12:10 AM)OB1 Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 12:04 AM)Haxus Wrote: The game data is truncated. The data is incomplete. You will have to restore from a previous save.

Wait what? Every save is truncated? The saved game is copied to the Current Game before starting. Are you out of disk space?

Can't just tried to open my very first saved game dated 1/6/24. may need to uninstall game from steam and start over.

I uninstall Hazeron starship from steam and reinstall game still crash's. I deleted all saved games clicked on play and it crashed. I talked to steam support and they said its on your end. Please help I do love playing this game.

I think it may be related to the memory leak, I get 11GB RAM usage just in avatar selection, 12GB when loading a fresh avatar into a new world, 14GB when at my capital, and just now the game outright crashed when I clicked the button to go back to avatar selection

Also, my save ballooned itself from 1GB to 5GB as a result of the last update, it definitely seems something is very wrong
[Image: ceS8O3s.png]
What even

(02-25-2024, 01:40 AM)OB1 Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 12:10 AM)OB1 Wrote:
(02-25-2024, 12:04 AM)Haxus Wrote: The game data is truncated. The data is incomplete. You will have to restore from a previous save.

Wait what? Every save is truncated? The saved game is copied to the Current Game before starting. Are you out of disk space?

Can't just tried to open my very first saved game dated 1/6/24. may need to uninstall game from steam and start over.

I uninstall Hazeron starship from steam and reinstall game still crash's. I deleted all saved games clicked on play and it crashed. I talked to steam support and they said its on your end. Please help I do love playing this game.

I was able to delete the current save game and was able to open Avatar creation window. Will start a new game tomorrow and kiss my old game goodby so sad.

It is hard to understand how every saved game could be bad. Are you sure your disk drive has enough space?

(02-25-2024, 03:43 AM)Haxus Wrote: It is hard to understand how every saved game could be bad. Are you sure your disk drive has enough space?

622 GB of free space and 31GB of usable ram

(02-25-2024, 03:43 AM)Haxus Wrote: It is hard to understand how every saved game could be bad. Are you sure your disk drive has enough space?

Currently, every time i open up the game, I have to restore from my 21st save-game. The first time I try to restore, it seems to always crash, then I try again and it works.
When I save and close the game, it will crash every time I try to start the game again. Unless I again try to restore my 21st save again.

To be more specific, my issue seems to be doing loading, since I don't even get to the avatar selection screen.

I will upload the save-game in a few.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

I rolled back to the build on the 21st. That was before any work was done on the scrollbars so it will be obvious when that build is running.

Please let me know if the problem persists.

(02-25-2024, 04:32 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Currently, every time i open up the game, I have to restore from my 21st save-game. The first time I try to restore, it seems to always crash, then I try again and it works.
When I save and close the game, it will crash every time I try to start the game again. Unless I again try to restore my 21st save again.

Sorry, I misspoke horribly here. I shouldn't post such things while away from my computer, unable to fact check, and then I got distracted. Sorry for the confusion.

Here is my saves: I have seemingly been restoring to a save-point from all the way back in 2024-01-08. I haven't been playing too much as of late to be fair.

I can see the size of of the save-game export increased from 48.5 MB to 170.7 MB after I simply loaded it up in the current version and saved. And my game now crashes when I try to load from it, unless I restore back to my 2024-01-08 save.

(02-25-2024, 05:03 PM)Haxus Wrote: Please let me know if the problem persists.

It still persists, so give it a try and see if this saves works for you.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Thank you so much. I will dig into this with a microscope tomorrow. I will find and fix this bug.

Curiously, I have many save games created in the last few weeks that load just fine. It just adds to the mystery.