Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Does manual saving work for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Manual saving works fine for me (I get confirmation that the save wwas succcesful)
28.57%
2 28.57%
Manual save doesn't work (it does not show confirmation that the save was succesful)
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Critical]Save Function in game doesn't work, loading doesn't either

(11-29-2023, 09:36 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: I just checked this. Yep, still works for me. 

So...what happens when you try to do a manual save? It just times out? 

Also yes I back mine up too because corruption is a thing like you said.

Well, like Celarious said, it just says "saved by playername". Normally it should then freeze for a few seconds while saving and then after give the confirmation "Game has been saved succesfully", similar to the freeze and confirmation when autosaving. Instead nothing happens, no freeze and no confirmation.

Because I don't fully trust the save on exit (it happened a few times that it didn't work, or maybe that was a crash dunno), I usually wait for an autosave to stop playing.

I use Windows 10.

EDIT Haxus seems to have added anew functionality to add some notes to your savegame, he reacts fast :) . (I guess that means multiple savegames? the people for who it works can test that) However for me still no confirmation that the save was succesful. And still no savegame is created for me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Manual save fix, autosave frequency and/or multiple saves for Steam release - by Ivan - 11-30-2023, 04:10 AM