Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Poll: Does manual saving work for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Manual saving works fine for me (I get confirmation that the save wwas succcesful)
28.57%
2 28.57%
Manual save doesn't work (it does not show confirmation that the save was succesful)
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Critical]Save Function in game doesn't work, loading doesn't either

Since the game is releasing soon, it seems urgent to me that at least people can properly save their first few hours of work ingame.

The manual save does not work at all for me. (I have copied savegames/user files to make backups incase of corrupted savefiles.)

The Autosave works, but only after 1 hour. If nothing else can be done soon, at least let us increase autosave frequency.

Adding multiple saves incase one gets corrupted. Yes you can make backups every day, but it's annoying. 5 to 10 saveslots would be better. Losing 150 hours of progress due to corruption of the only save and it's single backup is not cool. (the backup get replaced as soon as u restart the game, thinking a restart might fix the issue). I averted this only due to having made backups.

I want this game to be succesful. So I worry about this. I want it to sell a million copies at least :D

Does manual saving work fine for most people? I'll try attaching a poll, never done this before.

I just checked this. Yep, still works for me. 

So...what happens when you try to do a manual save? It just times out? 

Also yes I back mine up too because corruption is a thing like you said.

[Image: ezgif-com-resize.gif]

I think I see what you mean, I click Save Game and it says "Saved by Player..." and then nothing happens, I was staring at the save files under %USERPROFILE%\Hazeron Starship\Saved Games and none of them changed at all

It seems currently only the autosaves and the save when you exit the game work
What even

(11-29-2023, 09:36 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: I just checked this. Yep, still works for me. 

So...what happens when you try to do a manual save? It just times out? 

Also yes I back mine up too because corruption is a thing like you said.

Well, like Celarious said, it just says "saved by playername". Normally it should then freeze for a few seconds while saving and then after give the confirmation "Game has been saved succesfully", similar to the freeze and confirmation when autosaving. Instead nothing happens, no freeze and no confirmation.

Because I don't fully trust the save on exit (it happened a few times that it didn't work, or maybe that was a crash dunno), I usually wait for an autosave to stop playing.

I use Windows 10.

EDIT Haxus seems to have added anew functionality to add some notes to your savegame, he reacts fast :) . (I guess that means multiple savegames? the people for who it works can test that) However for me still no confirmation that the save was succesful. And still no savegame is created for me.

Ok I just tested the new save system with the comments. When I launched it. Manual saves did not work. So I quit and restarted the game. Then they started working...I closed and opened the game multiple times. They worked sometimes and some times saves don't work.

Saving on close seems to generate new files but they are inconsistent and they vanish.

I can't see the commented saves though at launch

Is it possible we need to restart our universes and delete our old saves?

(11-30-2023, 02:01 PM)Rockinsince87 Wrote: Ok I just tested the new save system with the comments. When I launched it. Manual saves did not work. So I quit and restarted the game. Then they started working...I closed and opened the game multiple times. They worked sometimes and some times saves don't work.

Saving on close seems to generate new files but they are inconsistent and they vanish.

I can't see the commented saves though at launch

Is it possible we need to restart our universes and delete our old saves?

I deleted the "Saved Files" and "Temporary" folders because I assumed this, but it still didn't work.

It might be that once u start fiddling with the save games (by making backups) it breaks, but no idea tbh.

I just tried that too. Made no difference either. Seems that is not fully working as intended yet.

I have to launch the game multiple times to get manual saves working.

I've tried everything. Different computers, new generated universes (wiped saves). I just cannot get manual saving to work. I get the prompt to enter a comment like stated in previous posts and then nothing happens. 

Automatic saves work and exit saves work.

So apparently the clicking "save game" ingame didn't do anything.

When I tried to load the autosave (biggest file, ~1,5 gb) that somehow didn't work, the file got deleted, no characters loaded.

Tried loading one of the other older autosave files (none of those bigger than 80mb though edit: biggest lefover file is ~780mb , but seems useless) , didn't work either.
So everything is lost.

And under no circumstances, should trying to load a save replace another file.

The Save File selection dialog should also already filter for valid save game files.
It will however accept any selection, even the .txt file, which obviously will not work.

I've noticed the only save and load functionality that somewhat works is the one in the starting screen (by clicking on the Current game icon).

However it only works if u first make self-named savegames from this starting screen and then later you can load one of those. If you first try to load one of the A0101010, you lose your save.

Whenever I tried loading one of the A01010101g/h things, it would just delete all characters. Then after restarting the game I would load the named save I made prior and it would return all characters. (So it requires making the saves from the starting screen first, before using the Load functionality)

Also I also regularly make backups of of my entire Hazeron Starship folder in C:\Users\Username, just to be on teh safe side.

But yeah the ingame manual save needs a fix asap. The problem is it seems to work fine for some/alot of people. Very few people voted/replied on my thread about it being broken.

Also an explanation of what the A01010101 are supposed to be, would also be useful. If they're supposed to be backup saves, then they clearly don't work. If they are something else, it should not allow us to load them to overwrite the Current Save.