Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-04-03 Etherium Fixes
(04-03-2020, 10:55 PM)Haxus Wrote: Someone asked what an atom is, in the context of SoH.

In my programming vernacular, an atom is a C++ object that has a position in the universe.

The position is more than just a 3D Cartesian coordinate. That would be too much for game-play precision using 64 bit floating point numbers, which are limited to about 15 digits of accuracy.

Not all atoms are subject to physics. For example, the universe, galaxy, sector and solar system atoms are not affected by gravity or other physics.

Other atoms operate using physics formulae relevant to their role in the universe. For example, worlds orbit using completely different calculations than objects floating freely in a solar system, pulled by gravity.

Thanks for the explanation. I was curious about that too.
(04-04-2020, 04:15 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 02:49 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 11:51 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Is it intended for ships build time to take vertices number into account ?
The same ship with a complexe hull (like the Normandy) take much more time to build than with a cubic hull of the same volume.

Do these two ships have identical module configurations?  Number of system modules also matters.
Yep.
I replaced the original hull with a cube being the same calculated volume.
Hmmm, doesn't sound like it should be intended, but perhaps the builders need more time for the finishing and trim work?
(04-04-2020, 07:50 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 04:15 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 02:49 PM)jakbruce2012 Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 11:51 AM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: Is it intended for ships build time to take vertices number into account ?
The same ship with a complexe hull (like the Normandy) take much more time to build than with a cubic hull of the same volume.

Do these two ships have identical module configurations?  Number of system modules also matters.
Yep.
I replaced the original hull with a cube being the same calculated volume.
Hmmm, doesn't sound like it should be intended, but perhaps the builders need more time for the finishing and trim work?
Maybe. But it's annoying as it enforces abusing of cubes instead of making nice ships.