Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Retroactive Warp Research
I haven't started in U6 yet, so perhaps this is already addressed, but according to my theoretical info it isn't.

Reserarching a higher warp factor at a given Q should raise all previous warp patents to the same Q. It would be bizarre to be capable of producing warp 9 modules at Q248, but warp 3 modules only at Q128, since the tech is the same. Spending many weeks re-researching a patent just to be able to produce lower-tech modules at higher Q (for example, for export to other empires) would be a rather curious exercise.
Same thing for P, PN and PNN wh
[Image: unknown.png]
Or you know, make the recipes different for the higher warp factor patents.
For example add some different heat sinks to the later warp factors.

I see why you would want this. But I also don't see much point, either way is fine I guess.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Or add the higher warp tiers as optional, research time lowering ingredients.
So when you have all tiers up to warp 9 researched trying to upgrade warp 3 takes only 2 hours instead of 2 weeks.
Deltova - Havenite Shipyards
(03-20-2020, 09:02 PM)DFDelta Wrote: Or add the higher warp tiers as optional, research time lowering ingredients.
So when you have all tiers up to warp 9 researched trying to upgrade warp 3 takes only 2 hours instead of 2 weeks.
This
I guess you could add warp patents from the higher tiers in the "tools" column, as items which massively reduce time to research - down to a few hours or so, as you say. That would be a good solution and harmonize well with the way production processes normally work.