Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove EV Helmets
(03-10-2020, 02:49 PM)Neils Iyssada Wrote: They are right Dean, I don't see any valid reason to delete the helmets right now. Maybe when the game will be in a more stable / complete state.

Why does everyone (not just you Neils Iyssada) think that I want this implemented/fixed/nerfed ASAP?
I have already mentioned multiple times that this is not a priority, but at most it is an attempt at voicing a point of something that could be made better SOMEDAY when Haxus is working on changing armors and/or EV suits anyway.
Nowhere in this thread have I or anyone else said that removing EV helmets is more important than finishing Gen4 creatures or fixing server crashing bugs.

If you guys have no other opposition to this idea or better arguments than "there are more important things", then simply don't post here.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
(03-10-2020, 02:59 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Why does everyone (not just you Neils Iyssada) think that I want this implemented/fixed/nerfed ASAP?

Not every one believe that. Most of us just believe it should never be remove it is not a matter of doing it ASP it is a matter of not doing it.

(03-10-2020, 02:59 PM)Deantwo Wrote: If you guys have no other opposition to this idea or better arguments than "there are more important things", then simply don't post here.

What about this one? They are no exactly serving the same purpose.

(03-09-2020, 07:08 PM)Xantheose Wrote: One give hud, other one light, both give armor and resistances, and the two are required to protect from harsh environments.

Or this one? Because if we start removing every lite detail in a game it make the game feel empty.

(03-09-2020, 08:31 PM)Tchou Wrote: By your reasoning CS:GO would have 4 weapons total, we would all eat potatoes in Minecraft and Factorio wouldn't exist.
Fake complexity is a key component of game design, without this video games would be bland.
Imagine playing CS GO with 4 weapons respectively called "Pistol", "SMG", "Sniper", "Assault Rifle", it would be boring AF.
Why have 2 types of electronic circuits in Factorio when one works just fine?
Beside, why would we have to produce rifles and ammo in Hazeron? Both serve no purpose on their own, might has well combine them right?
What about the tons of food we have at our dispositions? I'd be fine with just vegetables. How about the different diets? It serves no ingame purpose (aside from limiting you)

EDIT : and I'm saying all this as a Game Developer

What about that? It is just normal and expected because that how that thing work. It is like a gun you do tell your player they need ammunition, every one know that how the thing work.

(03-09-2020, 10:08 PM)Fedorya Wrote: I personaly never cared about the fact thats EV come in a two piece set... I mean why would it even ... 99% of the games on the market make it so that Helmet and torso are separate pieces of equipment.
Stats asides, its just how we was accustomed over decades of video gaming, so why even bother changing something that always worked ?
Way more things to work on.
Double amount of things to manufacture ? Come on, like everyone in Hazeron, you gonna set up your EV factory after 1 or 2h of play and never care about anymore as its just mass produce them, and until you empty your stock of 270 000 EV suits or helmets, im pretty sure you will be long gone.
You said it yourself, ressources in hazeron are infinite, so why even bothering with that

This one,a bit light but it goes with the last one. People just like it that way, I know I do.

(03-10-2020, 01:03 AM)AlrianneG Wrote: nah, i like separate armors and helmets

What a bout that? This one is pretty simple to understand.

(03-10-2020, 03:44 AM)Greydog Wrote: If it ain't broke don't fix it

Or this one? It is just the ways it is.

(03-10-2020, 02:30 PM)Norm49 Wrote: They are 2 different ting because the real thing come in 2 separate part. That how it work every one in the universe is fine with this except Deantwo. That the worst idea i ever hear of.
Not "removed from the game" but removed as a necessity for a given function.
Hammer that into your skulls already.
(03-10-2020, 05:27 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: Not "removed from the game" but removed as a necessity for a given function.
Hammer that into your skulls already.

It have been hammered pretty deep don't worry, perfectly understood that Two shall become one. (Thats Dean point here, remove helmet has an item and make a full EV suit a single item)

But what if (and i do) like mixing things.

What if having multiple choices even if its purely cosmetic is something i like (Its called variety, and its the spice of life, both IG and IRL)

What if im the type of player who have characters both having a body and equipment mixing that look like the most dumb thing in the universe (And believe me i do).

The fact is thats : The post is about claiming thats 2 items should become 1 cause no real reason to keep them separated (as no benefit), but the opposite apply too.

(03-10-2020, 02:59 PM)Deantwo Wrote: Why does everyone (not just you Neils Iyssada) think that I want this implemented/fixed/nerfed ASAP?
I have already mentioned multiple times that this is not a priority, but at most it is an attempt at voicing a point of something that could be made better SOMEDAY when Haxus is working on changing armors and/or EV suits anyway.
Nowhere in this thread have I or anyone else said that removing EV helmets is more important than finishing Gen4 creatures or fixing server crashing bugs.
Way more things to think before thats.

TLDR : It bring nothing to the table to fuse these two items in one (Ressources are NOT a valid argument) aside of more coding time for Haxus, when the current iteration is perfectly working and fine.