Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ships warping in the same sector collide

I made some changes that may eliminate the problem. I still have not found a definite cause for the problem; this is another shot in the dark.

Please let me know if the problem persists after the server restart today.

Quote:This is reported as a collision between two spacecraft?

Do you get any mail reporting the collision?

Do you have the feeling the collision occurs at the departing end or the arriving end of the transition? That would help narrow things a lot.

Are you at the helm when it happens? NPC? Doesn't matter?

Does either vessel have shields up at the time?
Yes

yes

that seems to be random. I've had it happen with one wormholing and one warping. I've had it happen as the two were transitioning in on opposite sides of a system. I've had it happen while they were in different systems. The only real connection I've ascertained is that they are usually in the same sector.

Both

yes

Just yesterday I had two that were sent to the same system from opposite directions. They should have arrived at different times but they collided. The interesting part is that the two avatars were not in the same spot after the crash ..they were on opposite sides of the system.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Quote:Just yesterday...

Was that before or after the servers were restarted?

Quote:opposite sides of the system

Interesting. I'll do more checking with that thought in mind.

Quote:while they were in different systems

This is a little concerning. You say two ships collided while each was in a different solar system? Was either ship travelling to or from the system containing the other?

For the second time this week we had ships randomly colliding while warping in and out of a system. The last time it involved THREE!! ships. All were lost. This hardly seems like a feature.

Yes, my ship got destroyed as well for the 2nd time. The stupid thing is that we're in totally different parts of the galaxy when it happens. One moment you're traveling in warp to your destination, the other moment your ship is gone and you float in space with a message saying you somehow collided with another ship in your fleet even while it was on the other side of the empire. Happened twice now in one week, can't be a coincidence.

I read others with the same problem saying it happens with big ships but our ships are very small so that can't be true. This is a real gamebreaker :-(

What's in the loss mail? Which coords? In each of them?

(10-07-2020, 02:16 PM)AnrDaemon Wrote: What's in the loss mail? Which coords? In each of them?
They all shared the exact same coordinate, eventhough they had different destinations/origins.

This still seems to be present.

Just had a collision with another ship while being on warp.

The topmost entry states that the ships were in the same system but the history entries show different systems as last log entry.

It seems like somehow the position didnt get updated correctly.

edit: What i forgot to mention is, that we had completly different destinations.