Poll: How empire should be rank
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
By population
78.57%
11 78.57%
With the system curently in use
7.14%
1 7.14%
A ohter ways (Please explain)
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire ranking by population
Hi all, I know it was discuss before but i wanted to have a poll so I had to create a new topic.

Explanation for new player that don't know what I am talking about.
We use the rank the empire by there population, now it is by system. I found that system unfair because some one can put one police station one capitol and one farm and he have a city. He can have dozen of them relay fast but some one that take the time to build a real empire, with is the gold of the game can have a thousands time more population and appear way back in the empire ranking even if it is ways more work.

Previous discussion on the subject
http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?t...ht=ranking
[/url][url=http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=204]http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=204

My position
I think we should go back by a ranking by population.
As mentioned in the Empire Ranking and Leaderboard thread, I don't think a single score is good for a leaderboard in a game like this.

I would rather want to see the leaderboard removed than go back to a system that rewarded for uselessly huge populations. The current system count leaderboard is fine for now, it doesn't give off too much information.

Not sure why we needed a new thread for this at all. The old thread is still valid. But I assume you just wanted a poll?
I obviously voted for "other". See the mentioned thread for details and discussion.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Yes it is mostly for the poll I would have reuse the old one if it was not for the poll.
Empire ranking must show the size of the empire, and the best indicator is ofc the population, not the number of world nor systems.

Having 100 pop split in 4 systems should be negligible compared to having 1M pop inside one.

If you have many pops but your empire is weak, some players will capture/destroy your cities and that will lower your score. If you capture some cities, your score increase.

Ranking must be based on population, right now it's not a ranking but an unsorted empire list.
[Image: unknown.png]
It also gave less intel if you do it by population if you do it by system you have a better idea of what you have to attack. now we know we have to find let say 16 system but if you have to find 750k of population how many system is that? We could have a vague idea but it is had to relay know.
Hazeron is a sandbox with as many gamestyles as players. A single data based leader board mean nothing really as some peoples will prefer packed but crowded empire, others larges and spread, other really don't care etc...
Scoreboard should be divided in categories like populations, ship destroyed, number of world etc etc..... This would give you some real MVP in each categories and not necessarly always the same.
(02-25-2020, 09:21 PM)Fedorya Wrote: Hazeron is a sandbox with as many gamestyles as players. A single data based leader board mean nothing really as some peoples will prefer packed but crowded empire, others larges and spread, other really don't care etc...

As mentioned in my previous post here, discussion about better leaderboard ideas is probably better directed to the Empire Ranking and Leaderboard thread.

This thread is mostly just about wanting the recent change reverted, and one-sided view on empire strength.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
There's two kinds of people: who care about leaderboards and who don't.
What is actually funny is i actually don't care about leader boards in most game.
I just want to see population counts because it is a cool number to look at and to some extent it does represent the industrial capability of an empire. An empire could have 500 systems colonized, but a population of only 10,000. Meanwhile another empire has 10 systems colonized, but 200,000 people. Which empire do you think is stronger? According to the current metrics, clearly the 500 systems one! But in reality, probably the one with more people.

Even if we don't use it just to rank, knowing how many "loyal" citizens you have is a feels-good number.