Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What can new players do in the face of exterminators?

With the Steam release off in the horizon, and the disposition some of the established players have, I have some serious concerns about new players being stamped out before they have a chance to learn the game and see it for what it can be. If the graphics don't put them off, getting annihilated overnight will certainly shoo off a big chunk of the rest.
This game is niche, it's not going to draw a lot of players to begin with, and even fewer will stick around for a long time.

So, assuming there's an empire that's dead set on crushing every new empire that pops up, what can these new players do? How can they be helped?
What measures can they take to defend themselves, fight back, or hide, in the face of empires with limitless resources, advanced technology, and sprawling infrastructure?

I haven't played SOH in years and I just hope some bad apples don't ruin the steam release, I really hope for the best on this project. It's going to be bad enough with the negative reviews.

Howdy. Just to be clear, I'm not dead set on crushing all new empires. The new ones crushed are a direct result of Deantwo's actions.

Why? It's been demonstrated multiple times that simply destroying Dean's own work isn't enough to prevent him from attacking me. Attacking the game he enjoys by driving off sorely needed new players is an attempt to assign a cost to his actions that may be better appreciated.

(01-18-2020, 10:35 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: Howdy. Just to be clear, I'm not dead set on crushing all new empires. The new ones crushed are a direct result of Deantwo's actions.

Why? It's been demonstrated multiple times that simply destroying Dean's own work isn't enough to prevent him from attacking me. Attacking the game he enjoys by driving off sorely needed new players is an attempt to assign a cost to his actions that may be better appreciated.

I'm a bit out of the loop, what is being done to drive away new players?

Exterminating them

(01-18-2020, 11:59 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: Exterminating them
So you're exterminating them because of Deantwo's attacks on you? 
Is he using new players to launch attacks on you or something?

I need some way to assign a cost to his actions. Suggestions are welcome, but destroying his cities doesn't drive home the point. Of course, if you'd like to join the fight against Foxtail, that'd be a sure method of avoiding extermination. Allying with Weltreich is always a good idea.

(01-18-2020, 10:35 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: Howdy. Just to be clear, I'm not dead set on crushing all new empires. The new ones crushed are a direct result of Deantwo's actions.

You literally wiped out a returning player's empire the other day, just because they said that Syndicate was cooler than Weltreich. So don't blame it all on me, you are insane without my interaction.

(01-18-2020, 10:35 PM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: Why? It's been demonstrated multiple times that simply destroying Dean's own work isn't enough to prevent him from attacking me. Attacking the game he enjoys by driving off sorely needed new players is an attempt to assign a cost to his actions that may be better appreciated.

Translation. Weltreich is too bored chasing around my guerrilla warfare tactics. So instead of trying to wipe out my empire completely like they originally threatened to do (for BS reasons), they opted to try and take the new players hostage.

(01-18-2020, 10:18 PM)Weylin Wrote: So, assuming there's an empire that's dead set on crushing every new empire that pops up, what can these new players do? How can they be helped?
What measures can they take to defend themselves, fight back, or hide, in the face of empires with limitless resources, advanced technology, and sprawling infrastructure?

The new detection mechanics attempt to keep new empires undetectable until they have researched warp FTL drives. It is however still easy to find you if you happen to spawn near another empire and they have explored the system you spawn in.
See: http://hazeron.com/wiki/index.php/Warp_Signature
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

I don't take hostages, I just bombard them from orbit until there's nothing left. The cause and effect have been outlined and the solution presented. I made a forum thread offering peace and you have ignored it.

(01-19-2020, 12:24 AM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: I don't take hostages, I just bombard them from orbit until there's nothing left. The cause and effect have been outlined and the solution presented.

"If you don't do as I say, I will kill these innocent people."
That is the definition of a hostage.

(01-19-2020, 12:24 AM)Mr. Mortius Wrote: I made a forum thread offering peace and you have ignored it.

Unrelated to the subject of war crimes the Welterich empire has committed against the universe.

And I will read your proposal tomorrow when I am not dead tired.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Great. I will continue destroying your cities until you have the time to read it and respond, as you are currently doing to mine.