Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove completely unused spacecraft designs from savefile
I noticed that every time I finalise a design or subscribe to one from the workshop, it seems to increase the savefile permanently. Even if the ship is never produced and removed from the ingame library and every ingame data storage in that specific savefile. For Workshop items even if you unsubcribe from them without saving it ingame or constructing it, it seems to not reduce the size of the savefile again.

Or at least I didn't notice it happening.

When redesigning ships then accidently finalising them at Q255 instead of Q1 or forgetting to re-include omitted voids for testing, I end up having to finalise again.

This can ofcourse be mended by reloading an earlier save before starting design, but I noticed a bit too late and generally this just seems inefficient to store completely unused designs.

Even if other players still use one of my old designs, it should not stay in my savegame permanently. My savegame went from 430MB to 699MB with little to no colonising, but I didn't keep a copy of the 430 size file. I do have a 520 MB file, but I reckon without the 10+ redesigns per ship, my savefile would likely be around 200MB.

Additionally ship designs made by individual characters before designer name was changed to Steam ID, are still in the savegame and cannot be removed.
Yes, we really do need a way to mark blueprints in the save-game as obsolete/deprecated.
Then once the blueprint is not in use anymore allow it to be deleted fully from the save-game.

This especially matter for Steam Worhshop blueprints that might be updated at some point, which would cause the game to download and import the new version of the blueprint while still leaving in the old one.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Bump because my save is filled with tons of duplicate designs from when the game used Avatar names for publishing, and the swap to steam publishing removed my ability to unpublish the old ones
This also might be what's causing my save to balloon to 1GB, even though I only have 4 sectors fully explored
[Image: Z8NdqhF.png]
What even
A good example of blueprints the need updating, all the default building blueprints only have a single "intended purpose" set.

Blueprints like the "Factory 10 Shops by Haxus" and "Electronic Factory 20S by Haxus" could have intended use as almost any building type that has to do with manufacturing or resource extraction.
The "Spacecraft Factory by Haxus" could have intended use as an airport too, giving players a cheap default airport blueprint to use.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo