Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Empire Ranking and Leaderboard
get rid of the ranking page

the ranking page creates a contest within the game. it contributes to the idea that you can 'win the galaxy' by being at the top spot, giving an additional reason and purpose to vassalizing or conquering other civilizations that otherwise would be pointless to antagonize. (i'm not against antagonism, I love it but in my opinion antagonism should have an rp purpose.. your empire is fascist or greedy or your species is just predatory or sadistic, etc)

the void of space should be mysterious and huge. i like it to remain a mystery what other civilizations are out there until i come in contact with them.

and on this same note, the ability to get detailed information about avatars and empires by looking at 'avatars online' under the status page doesnt really make sense. I suggest we share some things on a public 'avatar page' that is voluntary but not based on online status.
Senusret of Zetidar
That's the whole idea. People who think they can "win EVE" will quickly get pissed and leave, but they create a necessary entertainment while they are still around.