Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2018-08-09 Building Codes, Town Square Nerf, Lunar Farming, City Founder
Having listened to a number of new players in Galaxy chat who are totally bewildered by city mechanics only half-implemented (and menu options, tooltips &c. referring to things which don't exist yet), I'd ask again for town squares to be un-nerfed for the time being.

People will move over to new cities; they're just more fun to play with. But right now, people need to be able to take the tried-and-tested approach, if they choose. We should only burn the bridge once all the baggage is, in fact, on the other side, and has been there safely for a little while, all accounted for.

When you nerfed the old ship designer, I doubt anyone had so much as built and old-style ship (except Dean) for weeks, if not months. The same needs to be true of old cities, I think. Then, no one will grumble.
(08-13-2018, 05:17 PM)Vectorus Wrote: When you nerfed the old ship designer, I doubt anyone had so much as built an old-style ship (except Dean) for weeks, if not months. The same needs to be true of old cities, I think. Then, no one will grumble.

Yeah, creation of new old-style spacecraft isn't really used, can disable that if you want I guess. But there might not be all that many public new-style spacecraft blueprints.

There are however still things I find really weird about new-style spacecraft, so I likely won't tackle that task yet.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
I am looking over the changes you made to building codes, and they aren't what I had hoped for at least.

Mostly it looks like you just added a simple line that explain what determine the number and types of jobs the building will have.

Think we could get you to maybe add a little more to it? Would love more information about what each "structural volume" does or how it is used by the building type.
See: http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=132
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo
Quote:tooltips &c. referring to things which don't exist yet

Any specifics?

I can think of one, on the broker window.