Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
bring back the old style
I appreciate your seemingly quite honest attempt to understand me.

I'm not arguing in favor of boarding, I'm saying it's liable to remain highly effective in relation to stealing equipment if nothing else, encouraging highly dickish strategies to block that. If you could ascertain what designs the enemy were using in advance and download them, you could probably eventually work out how to bypass their nonsense. If we take that as given, then surely you can agree that even then that is not preferable to just making normal vehicles. I can say from experience that any agreements to not be a dick will break down, so it really just needs to be pointless to do these things.

Making boarding non viable or at least extremely rare is not in any way counter to my position, in fact it's complimentary and I think its is a good possible solution. I don't however know of anything making it an ineffective means of stealing ships not currently in use, which was an extremely common practice due to the enemies ships being way closer to the enemy than your own ships and thusly not requiring an 8 hour flight into whatever distant no mans land they settled.