Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2018-11-07 Sticky Roofs, Preview Broken, Turrets

(11-07-2018, 09:36 PM)Haxus Wrote: Sticky Roofs
Building roofs are sticky. Step off the edge of a roof, such as the airport landing platform, and you fall a bit then get stuck with no way to get free.

Buildings and spacecraft under foot got some attention.
  • Roof surface slope now correct for vehicles driving on top of buildings and spacecraft.
  • Obstruction margins now easier to escape.
  • Obstruction margins reduced slightly. Only affects buildings and spacecraft finalized after this update.
With these changes I was able to make a simple ramp up to a flat area, using a hull, a void, and a site.
  1. I drew the hull extrusion from the side, so I could draw the shape of a ramp going up to a flat area (5 sides).
  2. I placed a hull void (box 1m thick 3m tall) in front of the edge of the ramp where you drive|walk onto it. The void is needed to allow things to move close enough to the ramp to get on top of the ramp slope. Otherwise, the obstruction margin keeps things away.
  3. I drew a site around/under the whole thing because that is required of all buildings. Street lights are an exception but you won't be able to stand on top of portions that extend outside their site.
Surface slope corrections caused my motor bike to orient properly when driving up and down the slope and when parked on top. It was quite smooth to approach the ramp quickly (or slowly), drive up the ramp, and soar off the other side (or fall when moving slowly).

I made a note to make test vehicles inside the design preview.

So is only fixed on buildings published from now on? Or does it also affect existing buildings and blueprints?

A picture of the ramp might be helpful.
Hazeron Forum and Wiki Moderator
hazeron.com/wiki/User:Deantwo

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018-11-07 Sticky Roofs, Preview Broken, Turrets - by Deantwo - 11-07-2018, 10:37 PM