Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Landscaping Undone & Broken

okay. I tested it twice more and counted and put it to exactly 1 step before the placement that caused the issue, so all of my gradings and roads and stuff are back for now, but I can't use any road construction stuff still, maybe until the next server restart I think

I think it has to do with the array or loop that it seems to be using to create the roads.

is it possible for you to add an undo button to the road construction menu which undoes the previous placement, to see if that might be able to fix the issue if it happens again? I am not sure if it really is the last placement which is causing it to stop working, it seems like a very strange bug.

it seems like when the server restarted last time, it just kept whatever grades it was displaying, which was only 6 of them. and now I have learned why it was displaying those first few.

which means after the server restarts, it will only show the original ones that I caused to display by spamming dirt roads, and not the dirt roads that were spammed.

which means that if a level grade is placed to test, it will step the array loop or whatever it may be forwards, to the road that I placed which made everything disappear and everything will disappear and start over from the beginning again, needing to be stepped forwards by placing roads.
the next step in the array will cause the bug and delete everything.

are the server restarts scheduled? I wonder when the next one is!

------------------------------------
to Haxus, if you test this on the world
according to the last time, if the server restarts while testing before putting the world grading back to it's final step using the discovered method, the world grading will be lost permanently again. I think I have it one placement away from creating the road which causes the issue currently, so if you place one single grade everything will disappear and will have to be brought back using the method.

too long/didn't read: the next server restart should fix it until it happens again. I think an undo button on the road construction menu might be a potential fix.

--
thank you for your time!!
kirakira

Messages In This Thread
Landscaping Undone & Broken - by RedShift - 10-26-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: Landscaping Undone & Broken - by AnrDaemon - 10-26-2018, 11:16 PM
RE: Landscaping Undone & Broken - by kirakira - 10-27-2018, 03:53 AM
RE: Landscaping Undone & Broken - by RedShift - 10-28-2018, 10:53 PM
RE: Landscaping Undone & Broken - by Deantwo - 10-28-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: Landscaping Undone & Broken - by RedShift - 10-28-2018, 11:50 PM
RE: Landscaping Undone & Broken - by Deantwo - 10-29-2018, 06:24 AM
RE: Landscaping Undone & Broken - by kirakira - 10-29-2018, 07:28 AM