Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Potential New Player, best video source for information?

(10-14-2018, 06:51 AM)Deantwo Wrote: Hello and welcome! ?

(10-14-2018, 02:47 AM)Stargazer Wrote: The Wiki is very informative and I will be visiting it often, but I guess I am more of a "visual learner" when it comes to games like this.

I still have one of the new player guides that is out of date (Building_Your_First_City). Most other pages should be ok, but a few still refer to old mechanics tgat have changed or been removed.

(10-14-2018, 02:47 AM)Stargazer Wrote: Sabouts' Lets Play
Shores of Hazeron Channel
Starhero's Lets Play Tutorial
Jack Bruce's Let's Play
Nikola Pavkovic's Channel

I can only really recommend the offical Shores of Hazeron Channel, but it doesn't show much gameplay apart from the first few steps. It does however have some tutorials on how to use the new designer, which isn't available anywhere else yet.

All the other links you posted (apart from one) is using the old construction system which has just recently been replaced.

Nikola Pavkovic's series is the newest and the only one to use the new construction system, but it is not really directed at new players so he jumps over a lot of the basics and uses a lot of time referring to things he doesn't understand or thinks are bugged.

My best advice to you is to join the community Discord server and ask questions there when you need help.
Here: https://discord.gg/CPrpDzJ

The in-game tutorial (Targoss?) did just get an update, so maybe it can help you more too. I haven't had the time to see it myself yet.

Thank you very much!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Potential New Player, best video source for information? - by Stargazer - 10-14-2018, 07:09 AM